Tuesday 28 February 2012

Dodgy eye gene

I mentioned in a previous post that I enter a fair amount of competitions which got me thinking about everything I've ever won:
  • Sims 3 game a fews ago via a magazine called 'Sugar' s website
  • Tickets to a Topshop Bandstand Picnic in Hyde Park, again a few years ago and also through the same website- funnily enough this was before my days of working in Topshop or ever thinking/wanting to!
  • Collection 2000 mascara, lipstick and eyeliners through a competition on their website about 6 monthes ago
  • An iPad 2! Slightly bigger and better than everything else, I was literally crying with happiness when I won my baby! I get the emails sent to me from my local radio station and they were running a competition to win an iPad, I entered the night before it closed and on the Friday morning I was called and told I'd won, which was then broadcast on the radio. Insane x10. I was so close to not answering the phone since I was in a rush and the number was withheld- I can't even think how gutting it would have been if I hadn't answered it!
  • I won the iPad at the end of January, and it was probably only a week or two later that I won the Charles Worthington one
So there you go, proof that you can actually win these competitions!

In other news, managed to spend my free period this morning having a cheeky Morrisons fry up breakfast with Danielle, and in the afternoon went to look at glasses- not good. I can see perfectly well but I do have one eye noticeably weaker than the other so I've spent the last week cursing everyone in my family for passing on the dodgy eye gene as pretty much everyone wears glasses. I have nothing against eye wear, but I look like a complete fool in them. And fool is sadly an understatement. Spotted a half decent pair though and I get about £40 off for being a youngunn' which isn't too shabby. I think as soon as they're bad enough though I'll splash out on a pair of Oliver Peoples  like the ones Zooey Deschanel wears in New Girl,
because obviously wearing the same glasses will turn me into this beauty. Right? 

XOXO

1 comment:

  1. that's a pretty good result xD I won a gameboy many years ago, that's it.

    ReplyDelete