Monday 27 February 2012

Charles Worthington 'Volume'

Charles Worthington 'Volume' Limited Edition Set

I can't quite remember how I ended up winning this set, I don't go actively searching out competitions but whenever I see one and like the look of it I enter it- and I'm glad I did! A lot of   brands post competitions on their Facebook and Twitter pages so if you 'Like' or 'follow' them then they end up on your news feed- which is how I saw this one. I was a runner up in a competition to do with the BAFTA's and as a runner up I got send this lovely hair set consisting of shampoo, conditioner and bounce spray. For the record, I have thick but very light and fluffy curly/wavy/flyaway hair that's a bit of a furball and for the past 5 years or so I've always try to tame it into submission with serums and blow drying and straightening, and after allll that, the slightest hint of humidity in the air and it's poofed back to fluffy. Irritating is an understatement. 

So my backwards logic when trying these was that maybe the volume would combat the fluff and make it nice and thick and bouncy- I basically didn't have much hope for them. But, after trying them I was pleasantly surprised, no miracles but even after blow drying my hair just looked much healthier and a more natural straight if that makes sense.I can imagine on people with thinner hair or just hair that isn't so crazy that this would work really well. It is quite expensive for what it is, Boots sell each product for £5.19, however it's currently 2 for £6 so well worth trying it at the moment!

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment