Sunday 9 December 2012

DIY Christmas Crafty Presents Part 3

I mentioned www.tescophoto.com on my last post but now I want to tell you in a bit more depth about one of their items, the Tesco Photobook. Now when you think of a photo book, you probably think of personal, printed photo album. And while you can use the Photobook builder for that (which would also make a pretty nifty gift), I used it to create my own recipe book.






01. When you go onto the photo books tab you'll see three options of design; Easy Builder, Advanced Builder and Photobook Creator, of which I used the creator option.
02. You then download and install their free Photobook programme which opens to kind of resemble and work similarly to Microsoft Word- simple, easy and clear.
03. Then you can start to build your book. Think of a name and a theme, mine was cupcakes and desserts but you can do anything you want. All the photos used apart from on the front cover are my own cakes which I made, decorated and photographed for the book. If you haven't got enough time/patience to do that then just search for your favourite recipes online and use pictures from there.
04. The detail of the book takes a bit of time but not because it's difficult, just because there is so many options to choose from! There's a library of backgrounds and clipart pictures which are brilliant, a range of fonts, sizes, colours, anything you could want.
05. Once you're done you can have your book sent to a nearby Tesco store or to your house and are the perfect gift for any food lover or if you just want to keep all the recipes you cook with in a nice place. I don't think I can rave enough about this, I was a little unsure how the quality would come out with the pictures since I didn't use a a top of the range camera or anything but I was ridiculously pleased with how it turned out.

If you have any more questions about this or my own book then email/tweet/leave a comment and I'll get back to you! Also, until the 16th December with the code XMASBOOKS you can get a second one free= more money saving= more money left to spend after Christmas in the sales. If that isn't win win I don't know what is.
GeorgieXO

No comments:

Post a Comment